Monday, January 18, 2010

2009 Family food storage

As a family that lives in rural Idaho We keep the tradition of hunting for the majority of our meat for the year. With the exception of some lost photo's of Jennifer's and Hailey's deer, and no Elk meat for the first time in 9 years this is how our 2009 hunt turned out.



We spend the summer keeping our shooting skills up to par.






Cassidy's First deer

Better photo after unloading the deer

The girls are very competitive..here they compare the size of each others deer

Even though we only live 15-30 minutes away from hunting In three years I don't think we have ever returned home before dark.

Yes my deer was the smallest of the year..but in my defence I took the young buck with a bow at 56 yards.

We really need to put up a real meat pole this year!











3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh man. I really miss hunting. Maybe I'll put in for a hunt this coming fall? Could I go out with you if I draw?

The Clarkson's said...

Sure put in and draw and lets go

Anonymous said...

hey look you went hunting with Hugh Laurey